For thousands of years different cultures across the world have used vinegar for its medicinal and cleaning qualities. Today it is still a staple in many homes across the world. Vinegar’s ability to kill bacteria, mold and germs make it a powerful disinfectant and a favorite ingredient in natural home cleaners. Vinegar can be used in the kitchen, bath, laundry and even to get rid of ants. All this versatility bottled up in one huge container of affordability. Does it get any better? Here are 10 ways to replace those harsh detergents and chemicals with plain old vinegar.
- Veggie wash – Pour 2 cups white vinegar and 2 cups water into spray bottle. Spray produce generously. Allow to sit for 10 minutes. Rinse thoroughly with water while using hands to rub off “dirt”.
- Floor cleaner – Pour 1 cup white vinegar into a bucket of warm water and mop.
- Clean coffee pots, water coolers, ice and water dispensers – Pour vinegar into dispensers and run through several times. Rinse with water.
- Clogged drains – Pour 1/2 cup baking soda down drain followed by 1/2 cup vinegar. Let sit 30 minutes. Rinse with hot tap water. Repeat if necessary.
- Remove glue left from sticky labels, stickers left in unwanted places , or even glue leftover on your scissors from craft night – Dab generously with vinegar and let sit a few minutes. Wipe off.
- Disinfectant – Pour white vinegar into spray bottle. Spray on doorknobs and light switches. Wipe dry. Also great for cutting boards. Spray generously. Wash and rinse as usual.
- Fabric Softener– Replace store bought fabric softeners with one cup vinegar per load. (Note: this will not leave any vinegar scent on your laundry)
- Urine stains on mattresses – Spray area with a mixture of equal parts white vinegar and water. Sprinkle baking soda on area. Allow to dry. Vacuum or brush off.
- Kitchen cleaner – Pour 2 cups vinegar and 2 cups water into spray bottle. Spray countertops, refrigerators, table, chairs and more. Wipe clean with wet cloth.
- Get rid of ants – spray window seals, door seals, garbage cans and any visible ant trails generously with straight vinegar.
Want to Learn More About How To Ditch the Toxins in Your Home?
Book a workshop today!! Perfect for a Wellness Center,
Mom’s Group, or just a Girl’s Night Out.